Edison Quality Inspection Services has a DEA Gantry CMM powered by Virtual DMIS software. Virtual DMIs was originally
developed to provide for the needs of the aerospace and automotive industries with its ability to generate inspection
points from CAD imported part surfaces. It is a powerful, user friendly software package that markedly complements
our gantry machine.
The accuracy of this CMM is .0002" over the entire measuring envelope of 150" x 100" x 100".
It is Boeing volumetric certified and its calibration is traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology
(NIST). It is housed in a climate controlled lab and was purchased to accommodate our customers who need close
tolerance inspection of larger than average parts with complex geometry.
Virtual DMIS offers:
- CAD data import - IGES, STEP, DXF, VDA
- 3D solid model component representation
- Bi-directional data transfer between CAD and CMM
- Accepts nominal surface model from CAD data
- Error calculated against comparison of patch, curve or trimmed edges
- Graphical representation of actual versus nominal data
- Automatic alignment and "Best Fit" routines with optional translation restriction
- Reverse engineering with CAD export
- Generation of 2D sections from 3D surfaces
Call today for an appointment to visit our labs and see our Gantry CMM in action.